The 2018 Fallen Heroes Memorial Fitness Challenge | hosted by Operation Valor
Join us in a celebration of the lives of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and his close friend Chad Littlefield.
What is a “Fitness Challenge”?
Modeled after The CrossFit Games™ and other, similar CrossFit™ competitions around the world, our Fitness Challenges are, simply put, tests. Each of our 3 competitions will be composed of 3 workouts targeting: strength, muscular endurance, and cardiovascular conditioning. These workouts are made up of a broad range of different functional movements. You will lift heavy weights. You will move your body through space. And, you will work in aerobic and anaerobic work ranges. And…you’ll do this for time and for total reps.
How does a “Fitness Challenge” work?
1. You register here for your spot. Space IS limited.
2. There will be (3) workouts for you to complete. One per week.
3. The first workout (FHMC.2018.1) will be released here (and via email) on October 14th at 8pm central. All competitors will then have 7 fulls days to complete that workout.
4. You may repeat any workout as many times as you like WITHIN the announced date window for that workout. NOTE: submitted workouts must be complete. You may NOT splice together bits of different workouts together!
5. You record your workout. (OPTIONAL. For podium consideration ONLY)
6. Submit your workout data at the Throwdowns.com link provided with your registration. (OPTIONAL. For podium consideration ONLY)
7. We post your score on our leader board.
8. The second (FHMC.2018.2) and third (FHMC.2018.3) workouts will be released on October 22nd and October 29th, respectively, at 8pm central time.
9. Competition tshirts will be sent out to everyone one a first in, first out basis.
The Competition window is: (October 15th – November 5th)
Oct 14 – FHMC.18.1 released
Oct 15 – Oct 21 : Competitive window for FHMC.18.1
Oct 22 – FHMC.18.2 released
Oct 22 – Oct 28 : Competitive window for FHMC.18.2
Oct 29 – FHMC.18.3 released
Oct 29 – Nov 05 : Competitive window for FHMC.18.3
Nov 07 – FHMC Fitness Competition winners announced
Equipment for each workout will be described in the release notes for each event at the time of announcement. Workouts are designed to be easily accommodated by the standard equipment found in any cross functional fitness facility. Weights will be described in pounds and it is the athletes responsibility to use the appropriate competition weight.
- Pull up rig or bar set to a height allowing correct range of movement for the technique prescribed in the workout
- Regulation Olympic weightlifting bar: 20kg/45lbs for Men, 15kg/35 lbs for women
- Appropriate Bumper or steel regulation plates with marked weights to meet prescribed workout parameters
- Assault bike or equivalent Stationary Bike w/ monitor for calories and distance
- Concept 2 rower or equivalent Stationary Bike w/ monitor for calories and distance
- Standard weight Dumbbells
- Standard weight kettlebells (see chart for alternate descriptions of weights)
Competitor event tshirts are provided to ALL registrants.
Chief Petty Officer, SEAL Chris Kyle – 38 Midlothian, Texas
Chad Littlefield – 35 Waxahachie, Texas